Some days choosing joy is hard to do

I get it's "ok to not be ok" but my question is, what do you do about it? Like, ok, today I'm not ok. So.....then what? There's nothing I can do about it that will change it, it's not in my hands. And then there's everything else going on. I'd list them but then that's what I would focus on--everything that's wrong. Let's face it, there's plenty that's wrong. Open up your news feed, listen to the radio, watch the news, talk to someone, read the newspaper or a magazine...get the point?? If you ask me if I'm ok, how am I suppose to say yes when there's so much "no?"  I talk about choosing joy and challenge people to find the good. I keep a list of things I'm thankful for and things that make me happy, and I'll tell everyone to do it because it's a great thing to do.  I tell people how important it is because the more good we focus on, the more good we will see. I know it's a choice. But I'm not going to lie, some days choosing joy is really hard to do... i have to add this...on the way home, the sun coming through the clouds always reminds me of beauty in the midst of a storm. And my son once said, "Look! It's God's spirit" and it just brings peace...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brownies

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

This Is Hospice, part 6 of 6