Questions without answers

I have a friend who is having a baby boy, Ezekiel.  He is due to arrive in November.  He has been diagnosed with Thanatophoric Skeletal Dyslasia, which doctors say means he will not live long after birth.  I have a friend who lost her husband in April, cancer, very quick and unexpected.  He died within 2 months after diagnosis.  This same friend just lost her 23 year old son 2 days ago, motorcycle accident. I have another friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer.  And another friend who has really bad COPD and another who has neuropathy so bad he can't feel his legs.  And another who lost her husband, also in a motorcycle accident, just over a year ago.  I just learned of another friend who will not be allowed visitation of her grandson because her daughter's parental rights were terminated (seriously??!!)  All looking for answers to questions they have.

I also have a friend who had brain surgery, a friend who had major surgery near his ear which affected his ability to produce saliva.  I have a friend who had rotator cuff surgery & woke up unable to use his arm, yet it was this turn of events that led to him becoming a Christian.  I know someone who thought what she was missing was a friend of hers that died years prior, and this too led to her becoming a Christian. I know someone who survived a childhood cancer, and someone who survived a terrible diving accident that left her paralyzed.  I know a couple (several actually) who struggle financially to make ends meet. They too look for answers to questions they have.

My point is, I know people who have gone through major tragedies and trials.  I could list so many others, from young people who committed suicide, to those who are in jail from choices they made to those who HAVE been healed and restored.  All of our life we have questions.  Questions about jobs, relationships, where to live-life is full of questions.  Sometimes we get the answer, sometimes we do not, at least, not the answer we are looking for, like - why?  Why do some get healed and others don't?  Why are some protected and others not?  Why does surgery work for some and others it didn't?  Why didn't my marriage work?  Why did my friend die?  Why did my friend move? Why can't we seem to get ahead of our bills?   why why why?   How many why's have you asked lately?

Maybe your question of choice isn't "why," but you still wonder and question and ask.  The questions go both ways too, but we don't usually question the good why's, like "Why is my business successful?"  or "Why did I survive that accident?"  We question the "bad" why's though.  Either "why," I don't know how to answer.  

I don't know how to answer the why's of life.  They just seem to happen and there isn't any rule they follow. There are no boundaries, they don't care about the color of your skin, what language you speak, where you live or if you have money or not or how old you are.  The why's just seem to be a part of life, and they begin when we are little and last til we are old.  I wish I could answer every question you have.  Not as one who has it all figured out, but simply to help you find the answer.  That won't happen, ever. Because some questions will not be answered, in our understanding that is.  

Truth - it is impossible for us to understand everything in life.  Truth - life keeps going, it does not pause for you to catch up.  Truth - You CAN find the strength to push through.  And I'll end with this last truth, by Rose Kennedy - “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brownies

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

This Is Hospice, part 6 of 6