Brownies

OK, this is completely off the wall for my posts, but it is well worth it! This is from the cookbook "Alpha-Bakery, Children's Cookbook from Gold Medal,"
F is for Fudge Brownies
1/4 cup butter
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
extra chips for the batter (no more than 1/2 cup!)
nuts optional, 1/2 cup


Heat oven to 350 and grease the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
Heat butter and 6 oz choco chips in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted; remove from heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT additional choco chips and nuts, until smooth. Stir in nuts and remaining chips. Spread into prepared pan. Bake until center sets, about 30 minutes.

the cool thing is this is a very easy recipe to make with your kids. I made them tonight with my 6-year old. I melted the stuff, she added the rest and stirred it all up. Maybe they taste better because she made them with me, but I'll let you be the judge...enjoy!

Comments

Steve Orris said…
The first time I read your blog you talk about brownies. I will definitely come back for more.

We have four kids as you can see from my blog and the older ones love to cook. This recipe is perfect for them.

Thank you.
Steve Orris said…
On another note, I see you are reading Piercing the Darkness. I suppose you have already read This Present Darkness? I'm not much of a reader but I got behind in all my classes in college because when I picked that book up I couldn't put it down.

Popular posts from this blog

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

I don't know what to title this one...

Some days choosing joy is hard to do