Life passes you by

A friend of mines daughter posted this on her page "i'll blink, and be thirty-then blink, and be dead." She's 21. I was 21 when I got married and when I got pregnant. 21 years ago. Now, my 1st born is getting married and having a baby of her own. How did that happen? Is there a slow mode anywhere? This same friend made a comment to me the other day about how when she lived in Missouri life was a little slower and being back in California for a VERY short time she already feels the pull to go go go. Sometimes I feel like life has gotten so far away from me that i don't know how to get it back. You know what I mean? Like how do you get done what needs to get done, do what you need to do and get it all done? I move piles from one place to the next, like just today. I cleaned my counters in my kitchen, which included a pile of papers (important papers). guess where they went? my table... If I clean my table, guess where the paper pile will go? my counter...and so it goes.

Back to my original thought. It has been a busy year. My 2 boys finished high school (early) and 1 has started 2 classes at our local college while the other is waiting to see if he can get in. I have been trying to figure out how to get organized (again) and get control of our finances (again). My uncle is moving out of his house, which I have been trying to help with (although not very helpful). and, I started volunteering at the church I attend. and I'm trying to be more consistent in my "listening" time (that's a whole other entry) This seems so basic, like nothing over the top, but for some reason, I just can't seem to get it all done. And I often struggle with what is a priority. And, I want to read more, want to respond to what I do read (when it's on the net) and post more about books and movies and life and... oh, did I mention I still homeschool my youngest?

And then I find myself so wanting to do more. And now I'm going to be a grandma - which I am very excited about. But, it is the reality of my title - Life passes you by. I think it would help if I had places to put things or someone who could come in and help get it all done (I have a HUGE tendency of not finishing). and then, maybe then I could take the time to stop, and listen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brownies

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

This Is Hospice, part 6 of 6