Sticks and Stones

       You know that old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.?"  Well, it's a lie.  I mean seriously, being called mean things hurts.  And sometimes people believe what they hear about them - slut, worthless, stupid, fatty fatty 2x4, queer, you'll never be anything.  These words and many others can cause us to loose our true identity.  We begin to believe them about ourselves, about others.  Sad but true, "what we think about ourselves is how we live."  If we don't discover our true identity, nothing will change.

        We have GOT to realize who we truly are!  If we don't, we are leaving ourselves devourable.

        I am ________________.  I KNOW this BECAUSE my Papa tells me so!  It is not about arrogance.  It is about God saying who we are and us, as believers, walking in greater confidence and BELIEVING it!  It is HE that gave each of us gifts and abilities, not so we can shy away from them but so we WALK confidently in them!        



We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. 
If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 
If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach;  
if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; 
if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
Romans 12:6-8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

I don't know what to title this one...

Some days choosing joy is hard to do