The loss of a loved one

There are no words that can explain what happened. No words that take the pain away. And I don't understand. Im not going to pretend to have the answers either because I don't. But I did read something, said to be a quote from Rose Kennedy- "It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, however, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessons. But it is never gone." This is so true, and there's a scar left because you never forget. That's what I've learned, that we DO get to a place where the death of a loved one is not as difficult as it was at first. It's not that we forget or that it gets easy, just that we learn to move forward, in time. It's like a really bad cut, it hurts, it bleeds, and it's messy. We clean it & put a band aid on it, but the pain is still there. After time, a scab appears, sometimes that scab gets torn open. But one day the scab is gone and only the scar remains. The pain is not as intense and we learn to live with the scar. That's how it is with death, one day at a time. Leroy, I am glad to have been able to be a part of your life, and call you one of my kids. You are missed and always will be.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She thanked me for hand sanitizer...

I don't know what to title this one...

Some days choosing joy is hard to do